Contacts CSV import

I need to import a large number of contacts. I tried to follow the instructions reported in https://docs.axelor.com/adk/5.0/dev-guide/data-import/csv-import.html without any success.
I am asking if someone has a xml and a contact related csv file working as an example.
Thank you in advance

Hello,
You may try to import data directly on Postgresql database by using PGadmin instead of Axelor user interface.
Regards
Eric

Hi,

I don’t think that update the db was a good way to import.

“Contact” is not a domain itself, “Contact” is a “Partner” object with some specific flag to be taken as a contact and not as a company.

Maybe you could have a look here modules\abs\axelor-base\src\main\resources\demo\fr to see how to correctly setup your import file.

Hi All,
Thanks for the answers. I’ll try with PGadmin but I understand that the contact record is a complex “thing” and the different roles depend on flags.
I have already analyzed the xml file in modules\abs\axelor-base\src\main\resources\demo\fr even if the English version.
However I need to isolate part of the xml file in order to use only the portion that refers to contacts / partners records because I want to import only them.
This is why I am asking if anyone has ever tried to do this type import.
your help would be appreciated
Thanks
Gabriele

hi,
I never have to import contacts but I don’t think that it’s a huge task. All depends on what you need to import for a contact entry: user base info (names, email…), address, company, etc…

Could you please specify which fields you want to fill and maybe I could help you to isolate part your require.

Regards

HI,
Thank you for your cooperation. Below I will list all the fields I want to import. The idea, I hope it’ s right, is to take the contacts I have and store them. The fields are:
“importId”; “partnerTypeSelect”; “isContact”; “isCustomer”; “isSupplier”; “isEmployee”; “name”; “firstName”; “titleSelect”; “languageCode”; “address”; “email”; “fixedPhone”; “mobilePhone”;
in this way I should have the contacts classified in the correct categories and then, through axelor, I could transform them into lead, customers and so on.
I tried with a very trivial file. The import ends without errors but nothing is imported. Unfortunately I’m new to axelor and I’m having some difficulties.
Gabriele
these are the files I am using
XML

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<input file="partner01.csv" separator=";" search="self.importId = :importId" update="true" type="com.axelor.apps.base.db.Partner"
	call="com.axelor.csv.script.ImportPartner:updateContacts">
	<bind column="importId" to="importId"/>
</input>
"importId";"partnerTypeSelect";"isContact";"isCustomer";"isSupplier";"isEmployee";"name";"firstName";"titleSelect";"languageCode";"address";"email";"fixedPhone";"mobilePhone";"invoiceSendingFormatSelect";"paymentMode.importId";"paymentCondition.importId";"partnerCategory.code";"currency.code";"blockingList.importId";"rejectCounter";"companySet_importId";"customerAccount_code";"supplierAccount_code";"mainPartner_importId";"customerTypeSelect";"supplierTypeSelect";"industrySector.importId";"user.importId";"team.importId";"source.id";"fiscalPosition.importId";"picture_fileName";"invoicesCopySelect" 900;1;"false";"true";"true";"false";"APOLLO11313";;;"fr";90;"info@APOLLO11313.fr";"04.35.78.88.99";;"emailpaper";8;6;"SME";"EUR";;;1;4121100;4021100;;3;1;4;11;2;5;;;190110 901;1;"false";"true";"true";"false";"APOLLO11414";;;"fr";90;"info@APOLLO11414.fr";"04.35.78.88.99";;"emailpaper";8;6;"SME";"EUR";;;1;4121100;4021100;;3;1;4;11;2;5;;;1 902;1;"false";"true";"true";"false";"APOLLO11515";;;"fr";90;"info@APOLLO11515.fr";"04.35.78.88.99";;"emailpaper";8;6;"SME";"EUR";;;1;4121100;4021100;;3;1;4;11;2;5;;;1 903;1;"false";"true";"true";"false";"APOLLO11616";;;"fr";90;"info@APOLLO11616.fr";"04.35.78.88.99";;"emailpaper";8;6;"SME";"EUR";;;1;4121100;4021100;;3;1;4;11;2;5;;;1

The result !!!