Initial Setup - Multiple VAT Registrations

Good afternoon,

I’m looking for some advice on how best to set up Axelor for the following situation:

• Company based in Malta with EUR base currency
  • Bank accounts in EUR, GBP and USD
  • Merchant accounts (e.g. Paypal)
  • MT and GB VAT registrations (with plans for further VAT registrations in DE, FR, IT, ES, PL, CZ)
  • VAT reports need to be in the currency of the relevant country (e.g. GB VAT = GBP) without currency moves (e.g. not converted to EUR base currency then converted back)
  • Invoice sequences based on VAT registration (e.g. DE VAT would be DExxxxxx)
  • Credit note/refund sequences to be based on VAT registration (e.g. FR VAT would be CNFRxxxx)
  • Correct VAT number based on VAT registration
  • Using warehouse in GB, but planning on expanding to warehouses in DE, FR, IT, ES, PL and CZ
  • Automated VAT determination or sales (based on warehouse country, destination country and destination postal code) would be helpful but not essential as this can be carried out separately and imported via REST API
  • Cross-border stock moves between countries are reported monthly so would need to self-invoice for the moves from one VAT registration to another, using reverse charge and EC sales list - happy to use REST API for this if necessary.

Hello,

You ask a lot.
I hope some other will help.
I think you can handle 80% of what you ask with Axelor.
Axelor is not perfect, full complete … and your situation implicate different structures, complex taxes …

But for all you ask, there are functionality, possible options … maybe you’ll want something not implement and your project can’t be success. But if you can develop it or find someone for do it, it will be the perfect solution.

• Company base in Malta => should be not a problem.

Two possibilities for test Axelor easier :
1 - https://demo.axelor.com/open-suite-fr/login.jsp
2 - use a docker-compose

• Bank accounts => should be not a problem.

• Merchant accounts (e.g. Paypal) => I don’t know what you expect and what it’s possible on Axelor for import data / send order …

• MT and GB VAT registrations (with plans for further VAT registrations in DE, FR, IT, ES, PL, CZ) => flexible configuration, so I guess it’s possible want you want

• VAT reports need to be in the currency of the relevant country (e.g. GB VAT = GBP) without currency moves (e.g. not converted to EUR base currency then converted back) => your configure is base on %, so whatever the currency value.

• Invoice sequences based on VAT registration (e.g. DE VAT would be DExxxxxx) => « invoice sequences » ? If you mean the VAT number of the society, it’s not a « sequence » like the word is use on Axelor. You can identify every society with the VAT number. And so for every society you have the VAT number you want (not only number but alphanumeric).

• Credit note/refund sequences to be based on VAT registration (e.g. FR VAT would be CNFRxxxx) => I don’t know what’s mean

• Correct VAT number based on VAT registration => if you ask if they are a request on legal society register. No Axelor don’t have it.

• Using warehouse in GB, but planning on expanding to warehouses in DE, FR, IT, ES, PL and CZ => about Storage place, you have a lot of possibilities (virtual storage, group/parent storage, physical storage …) you can plan deliveries between storage, make inventories, correction of stock …

• Automated VAT determination or sales (based on warehouse country, destination country and destination postal code) would be helpful but not essential as this can be carried out separately and imported via REST API => about API, I don’t handle it, I’m sure you will find all you want :wink: (for the rest of the question read my advise below)

• Cross-border stock moves between countries are reported monthly so would need to self-invoice for the moves from one VAT registration to another, using reverse charge and EC sales list - happy to use REST API for this if necessary. => with a good organization it can be easy to do it.

My advise :
Axelor have a very good potential (I don’t work for them :stuck_out_tongue: ). I use Axelor for my society since January 2020.
It works for production, but it’s not perfect. I’m on last version and I have a bug for doing my invoice since 15 days…
For your situation, I think you can use Axelor.
Buy, stock, delivery, invoice, banks, currencies, VAT, API… have a lot of possibility for your business.
Learn to create headquarters, Subsidiary company, society, warehouse …

Skip over a French conversation will be appreciated :stuck_out_tongue:

Merci pour l’aider

I mean the invoice number prefix to have the country ID according to the VAT registration, so invoice 1 with German VAT would be DE000001 and invoice 2 would be DE000002 etc. French VAT FR000001.

My correct VAT number will also be on the invoice according to country. Would this be better to be subsidiary companies, even though there is only one legal entity? Would bank transaction reconciliation still work for the whole group?

A refund for a sale. Default prefix for a sale in French language is FC. Default for a refund is AC.

So the 1000th sale with French VAT would be FR001000 and if this was the 50th refund it would be CNFR000050. This seems easy using subsidiary companies.

Je suis un anglophone typique. Je parle une langue. Je ne parle pas français. Je voudrais une kilo de fromage et je regarde le disc-jockey.

No, if you have only one legal entity, stay with just one society in Axelor (bad idea from me, sorry)
I understand and you right it’s a « sequence » for invoice.
There is not the option for add « country code sale / or country VAT sale » on the prefix of invoice. But I think it will not be complicated to develop it, you just have to find someone who can ! :slight_smile:

Just a detail, for French words :
Invoice = Facture = FC (by default like you said)
Credit note = Avoir = AV (I guess it’s that by default)
Buy = Achat = AC (I think AC is better for buy document)

The new prefixe develop could be :
New variable : %CCS = country code sale
For an Invoice : INV%CCS (prefix) XXXXXX (6 number - start to 1)
For a credit note : CN%CCS (prefix) XXXXXX (6 number - start to 1)

Or you do too :
New variable : %CCS = country code sale
For an Invoice : INV (prefix) XXXXXX (6 number - start to 1) %CCS (suffix) => INV000001DE
For a credit note : CN (prefix) XXXXXX (6 number - start to 1) %CCS (suffix) => CN000001FR

But to complicate (I guess) to add the possibility to have the continues sequences by %CCS, I mean have different increment per country sale.
But different sequences per document it possible on Axelor. So between invoice and credit note, no problem !

Ok no problem ! But, if you order cheese, think to a good red wine !