Axelor Documentation

Hello,
is there any documentation for Axelor? Website, manuals, tutorials, or for the moment it’only trial and error?
How are future updates going to be handled?
Thank you.

Hello,
We are currently working on the documentation, it will be online soon, normally during the beginning of November. We plan to add quickly some manuals and tutorials to our website.
For the moment you can ask your questions on this forum.
About the future updates, what do you want to know exactly ?
Thank you

Hello and thanks for your answer,
I find Axelor ERP quite close to my needs and this is why I insist on asking questions about it.
I have also sent you some emails and so far I got no answers to those, hence I’m trying my luck in here.
I will get back to my previous questions hoping that my questions will also help the others get the answers and create a viable Axelor community:

1. How can be the standard kit turned into production ? How can I erase all the demo records and just start fresh? There’s a whole lot of information to be filled in so knowing which one is mine and which was the demo is important. Is there a way to switch from test to production ?
  2. Is there a way of importing my existing data from a populated, working CRM ?
  3. I have noticed that on GitHub here are frecquent changes to the installattion kit. How can I update the system without a fresh install ?
  4. When will the documentation be released ? Are you still planning for November or is it going to be delayed ?

Thanks,

Hello,
Sorry if you didn’t received answers about your emails, I got one about the forum which I responded, but not the other questions, I will look why I didn’t got it.
About your questions :

1. How can be the standard kit turned into production ? How can I erase all the demo records and just start fresh? There’s a whole lot of information to be filled in so knowing which one is mine and which was the demo is important. Is there a way to switch from test to production ?

You can look at this doc: http://docs.axelor.com/adk/4.0/dev_guide/application/config.html

Set « application.mode = prod » in application.properties to switch to production mode.
Set « data.import.demo-data = false » to disable demo data import.

After initial startup, stop the server and:

Set « db.default.ddl = none » to disable database schema updates

Restart the server.

It’s always advisable to keep your « application.properties » in some external safe place. You can launch tomcat server like this with external application config:

$ JAVA_OPTS= »-Daxelor.config=/path/to/my/application.properties » ./catalina.sh start

Make sure the « /path/to/my/application.properties » is protected well as it contains some critical information like database username/password.

2. Is there a way of importing my existing data from a populated, working CRM ?

Yes, we have a very powerful data import support in adk apps. Please look tohttp://docs.axelor.com/adk/4.0/dev_guide/data-import/index.html for more details.

1. I have noticed that on GitHub here are frequent changes to the installation kit. How can I update the system without a fresh install ?

As far as you use compatible version or branch, you can update like this:

– Stop the server
– Set « db.default.ddl = update » to enable database schema updates
– Deploy new war package
– Start server (this will update database schema if required)
– Stop server
– Set « db.default.ddl = none » to disable database schema updates
– Start server again

4. When will the documentation be released ? Are you still planning for November or is it going to be delayed ?

We still hope that it will be realeased in November, we are working on it.

Should you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

1 « J'aime »

the installation forum website is stopped.
can anyone send to me a screenshot of the installation form source ???
axelor admin !!

Hello,

The web page of the documentation is online again.