Clarifcation on Community Versions

Hello! I’m currently evaluating your platform for use in our company. We are also GPL/Open Source company and so I want to make sure we are saying respectful of your guidelines and needs. On your Pricing page I see that Minor Updates & Major Updates are explicitly excluded from the community offering. Can you please explain what is meant by this? I see you all just release 7.1 at the beginning of the month and I can already see 7.1.2 available as a public release made by axeloradmin just last week. Is the community not permitted to use this? If not, what is the highest allowed version?

Hello,

As you can see from our website, our company offers the AGPL license for the Community version. Under this license, you can access our source code for free. However, if you modify the software and make it available to users over a network, you must also make your source code available to those users.
The Pro and Enterprise editions offer migration scripts for minor and major version updates, as well as direct help support, customization of our application, functional and technical demos of our application, cloud, maintenance, and other features that are not available in the Community edition.

Anyone can use the latest version of our software, which is open source. However, if you are using an older version of the software in the Community edition, you will not receive migration scripts for minor or major updates, or any other premium features.

I hope this is helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Thank you! That makes sense to me! I did find migration guides from 5.0 to 6.0. And from 6.0 to 6.1. (linked below) Does this mean the the community is eventually given migration guides? Just well after enterprise clients? Or is this something you’ve stopped doing since 6.x? Or perhaps you sometimes do out of kindness, but make no commitment to?

https://docs.axelor.com/adk/6.1/migrations/migration-6.0.html
https://docs.axelor.com/adk/6.1/migrations/migration-6.1.html

Hello,

The above URL you provided is a reference for the migration guidance on how to migrate from version 5.0.x to 6.0 and from version 6.0 to 6.1. As I mentioned earlier, we provide migration scripts for the Pro and Enterprise editions. These scripts can be used by running them and then updating the app version to the newer version. For the Community edition, you will need to research the changes that have been made and perform the migration yourself.

Best Regards,