Error when trying to start the demo app on tomcat : com.axelor.internal.javax.el.ELException: Unable to find ExpressionFactory of type: # Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more

Hi,

What version of java and tomcat do you use ?
Moreover, can you check on browser dev tools what request is causing the issue ? You may also check the tomcat logs if there are some useful logs and report here.

Java 1.8
Tomcat 8.5 (Also tried on tomcat 9.0, same error)
Axelor Open Platform : 5.3

The error occured after login when the views are loading. after when I click on every link in the menu, I get this error message

Can you report here the tomcat logs ? This may help to check exactly where and when the error occurs.
Thx

I have the same problem.
“com.axelor.internal.javax.el.ELException: Unable to find ExpressionFactory of type: # Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more”
I have installed Apache Tomcat 8.5.51 and jdk-8.0.242.08-hotspot

That seems to be an issue with Tomcat 8.5.51. Can’t say why for now, but rollback to 8.5.50 works fine.

I changed Tomcat 8.5.51 to Tomcat 8.5.50 and it worked. thanks

I also change tomcat to version 8.5.50 and it works… Thanks @p.belloy

Hello
I have the same problem in Tomcat 8.5.54
did you find a fix?

We just released 5.0.23, 5.2.6 and 5.3.1 that contains a fix for tomcat 8.5.51 issue caused by javax.el service discovery.
Tomcat 8.5.51 and higher should work fine now.

1 « J'aime »

hi @p.belloy

Just note that this error still persists on Tomcat 9.0.34 with the last release (5.3.2), it works on Tomcat 9.0.26.

Regards

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.