Help understanding year/periods

Hi:

I’m setting up a new installation.

In App configuration >> Genera Data>> Years I’m trying to set the current year and its periods.

However, if I set the fields From 1/1/2020 and To 31/12/2020 for a new Year, those are “converted” to 31/12/2019 and 30/12/2020 when saved. And if I generate its periods (for a month interval) the “From” and “To” dates for each month generated are not what I expect. for example, for February (02) I’m expecting: “01/02/2020” and “29/02/2020” but I get "28/02/2020"and "“27/03/2020” for that. Same happens with all the other months periods

I can later manually edit those from and end dates for each period. However I’m afraid I’m not understanding this or maybe there is something wrong with my install.

I also noted that “Civil Year” is the set by default for Year I’m creating/Editing, and I understand there should be also Fiscal Year, which I can’t select.

I appreciate any light on this.

Thank you!

I have tried to do this following what I have described on my original post. And this time worked as expected. Not sure what caused what I described before.

Regarding the Fiscal Year, this can be configured in Accounting >> Configuration >> Financial >> Fiscal years

1 « J'aime »

Hi Mauro, I was glad to find you post about where to find the Fiscal Years menu but I still have the same problem you had; my fiscal year goes from October 1 to September 30 and I cannot enter that date. Any idea what the « Reported balance Date » is supposed to be set to in my case? Thanks.

Hi!
I’m sorry I can’t help you. I gave up implementing Axelor and I can’t recall about this issue.
I wish you better success!

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I also decided to give up implementing Axelor, the lack of properly written documentation is a bit too obvious.