Project Module: Disable report generation for certain users

Hey there, I’d like to ask if there is a way to restrict the report generation functionality for certain users?

More specifically, is it tied to a certain permission, and if yes, which permission is it?

So far the method I could think if is to have a slightly modified view wherein the reports menu is removed for a certain usertype so they cant generate a new report. The problem with this is, if the user knows the name of the action-view, he could just type it in the url and have access to the view with the report menu item.

The reason for this is the « Plantification and Costs » report shows the hourly rate of the employees and I dont want anyone outside of HR to be able to view their rate.

So far I have prevented access for previously generated reports by removing the user permission for dms. This doesn’t prevent the user from generating a new report and viewing the newly generated report though.

Hello,

To address the requirement of restricting access to a menu item based on user permissions, you can implement a service that is called onLoad of the form. Within this service, you can retrieve the user information and check whether they have the necessary permissions to access the menu item.

If the user does not have the required permissions, you can display a pop-up message informing them of the restriction and redirect them to the home page or an alternative location.

User permissions in Axelor are typically defined based on the user’s group (role) assignments. You can create a new role that grants access to the specific menu item. When the form is loaded, you can check if the user belongs to that role and allow them to view the form accordingly. If not, you can proceed with the redirection as mentioned earlier.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please let me know.

Best regards,