Running abs-webapp under eclipse (debug mode), No signature of method: java.lang.String.isApp() is applicable

Hi,

I’m trying to run/debug abs-webapp under eclipse to better understand/trace the behaviour of the ERP, and avoid asking functionnal questions that could be answered by the code. After all, this is what FOSS is about, isn’t it ?

So here is what I’ve done:

1. git clone abs-webapp
  2. switch to wip (including for sub-modules)
  3. build a war and deploy on a pg database, initialize and configure the ERP
  4. ./gradlew cleanEclipse eclipse
  5. import the project under eclipse
  6. under eclipse (tomcat 8.5 server), debug as / debug on server (against previously initialized database)

Now the application starts, and I can login with my custom created user, but no axelor application except base show in the menu. In the eclipse console, I get errors like this one:

2018-04-09 20:09:35.972 ERROR 9868 --- [nio-8080-exec-3] com.axelor.script.CompositeScriptHelper  : Script error: __config__.app.isApp('quality')
groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.isApp() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [quality]
Possible solutions: size(), size(), is(java.lang.Object), isEmpty(), isLong(), dump()
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.unwrap(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:58)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.IndyGuardsFiltersAndSignatures.unwrap(IndyGuardsFiltersAndSignatures.java:177)
	at script15232973758632028260132.run(script15232973758632028260132.groovy:1)
	at com.axelor.script.GroovyScriptHelper.eval(GroovyScriptHelper.java:138)
	at com.axelor.script.CompositeScriptHelper.eval(CompositeScriptHelper.java:80)
	at com.axelor.script.AbstractScriptHelper.eval(AbstractScriptHelper.java:91)

Can anyone help me with this ? I must have missed a step…

Thanks in advance,
Franck

Hello,

Please make sure that ‘application.properties’ file contains following line.
context.app = com.axelor.apps.base.service.app.AppService

Also check if apps are there on ‘Application Config-> Apps management’ menu, if not means something is wrong with your database initialisation. If apps are there you can install individual app or try ‘Bulk install’.

Hello,

1. context.app is fine
  2. when running under eclipse, going into Application Config-> Apps management gives me a NPE…
  3. but the database is definitely initialized : running the war against the same database under a Servlet Container (namely jetty9) runs fine, and my apps and data are here

So this is really a problem when running from eclipse…
I checked the Jdk, and it the same version as when running outside eclispe…

Any idea ? (maybe Is missed a step when building within eclipse ?)

Are you importing it as gradle project (eclipse-gradle plugin) or eclipse project ?.

I think I did a mix of both, hence my problems… after updating the gradle project and rebuilding from gradle tasks, it now works.

Sorry for the noise.

Its ok, this will helps others in similar issues.