SMTP email send problem

Hi currently trying out Axelor, great looking software hoping to get all the elements I require working.

The email situation seems a bit poor it is a shame that here isn’t an Outlook or Thunderbird plugin to complement Axelor as this would win it for me.

currently having trouble trying to send email I’m getting ‘sender address must contain a domain’ (see below) anyone have any idea why this is I am putting the full from email address in.

nested exception is:
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSenderFailedException: 501 <teststaff_01>: sender address must contain a domain

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueSendCommand(SMTPTransport.java:2267)
    at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.mailFrom(SMTPTransport.java:1758)
    at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:1257)
    at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:255)
    at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:124)
    at com.axelor.mail.MailBuilder.send(MailBuilder.java:418)
    at com.axelor.mail.MailBuilder.send(MailBuilder.java:430)
    at com.axelor.apps.message.service.MessageServiceImpl$1.call(MessageServiceImpl.java:329)
    at com.axelor.apps.message.service.MessageServiceImpl$1.call(MessageServiceImpl.java:325)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Caused by: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSenderFailedException: 501 <teststaff_01>: sender address must contain a domain

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.mailFrom(SMTPTransport.java:1767)
    ... 11 more

It seems there is an issue with from address of the message, the address ‘teststaff_01’ should be a proper email address

I agree but the sender address is going in as teststaff_01@cairnesearch.co.uk so it is a full email address it just seems to disregard everything after the @ sign

I am having the same issue (v6.0.4). In my case instead of the « from address » the username is being used instead. « From address » is crm@mydomain.com while username is crm_euroscope, so as can be seen in the logs it is clearly not the case of stripping the domain name but rather the wrong field is being used.

Error log
javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses;
  nested exception is:
	com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 404 4.5.2 <euroscope_crm>: Sender address rejected: need fully-qualified address

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.rcptTo(SMTPTransport.java:2079)
	at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:1301)
	at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:255)
	at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:124)
	at com.axelor.mail.MailBuilder.send(MailBuilder.java:423)
	at com.axelor.mail.MailBuilder.send(MailBuilder.java:435)
	at com.axelor.apps.message.service.SendMailQueueService.lambda$submitMailJob$1(SendMailQueueService.java:71)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 404 4.5.2 <euroscope_crm>: Sender address rejected: need fully-qualified address

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.rcptTo(SMTPTransport.java:1979)

I think this is a bug. In com.axelor.apps.message.service.MessageServiceImpl.sendByEmail(), line 266:

com.axelor.mail.MailAccount account = 
    new SmtpAccount(
        mailAccount.getHost(),
        mailAccount.getPort().toString(),
        mailAccount.getLogin(),
        mailAccountService.getDecryptPassword(mailAccount.getPassword()),
        mailAccountService.getSecurity(mailAccount));

creates a new SmtpAccount and completely ignores the from address in account. com.axelor.apps.message.service.MailAccountServiceImpl.getMailAccount() does it properly. Changing the above call to:

com.axelor.mail.MailAccount account = mailAccountService.getMailAccount(mailAccount);

fixes the issue.