Translation - Same field name different meanings

Hi all,

I am new to axelor and I am trying to adopt it into a real working environment in a small business company. At the moment I am in the process of translating it to our language which it is Greek.

I am using the Administration --> View Management --> All Translations to translate the application.

One of the problems that I am facing is that there are A LOT of fields with the same name that, in Greek, have different meanings. For example the field “name” which is used in almost all of the entities in Axelor cannot be translated with one word for all the entities in the ERP. Let me explain.

The field “name” when used for a thing (like a product) in Greek must be translated as ΠΕΡΙΓΡΑΦΗ to make sense to the end user.

The field “name” when used for a person in Greek must be translated as ΟΝΟΜΑ to make sense

The field “name” when used for a company in Greek must be translated as ΕΠΩΝΥΜΙΑ to make sense.

As you can see the field “name” has to be translated to more than one different terms based on the entity in which is used. However, in the translation table it appears only once since, along with the language id, is a unique key.

In the technical documentation I read that it might be possible to use a different key in order to provide a different translation. For example it is possible to use “Product.name” as a key and translate the field “name” of the Product entity, however I tried that and it doesn’t work. The thing is that there are other fields in the “All Translations” table that are using that approach (Entity.Field) and they are working OK.

Is there any way to achieve what I am trying to do?

Thank you in advance.

You have to change field title on specific view too, not just on translation.

Thank you for your answer.

I tried that and it works OK. However, if I change all the field titles in the xml views will the changes be preserved in case of an update or in case of a module uninstall re-install?

Thank you.

Of course not. To be able to keep you updates (domains, view, etc) you have to create your own module with some ADK/ABS domain/view/menu overrides.

Regards