Axelor 5.3.3 installation

I have successfully deployed axelor erp 5.3.3 with tomcat 8.5 and postgresql. I have also login and installed application. If any one is looking for help in installation I can assist. I have few questions given below:-

1. Does account app consist all ledgers and financial reports i.e. balance sheet, profit and loss etc. because I could not find journal entry at all.
  2. How one can customize forms and print out like purchase order, sales order invoice etc to add custom fields and layout design.
  3. After login creation of company is necessary or just necessary apps will be sufficient.
  4. I have also downloaded axelor mobile app, but it gives me url invalid error. How can we connect from mobile app.
    Regards
1 « J'aime »

Mobile app require URL of your server installation , http://IP_ADRESS:8080 ( if is the port of your install )

Thank you @bDurtaut, i tried https://myip:8080… now I will try tonight http: instead of https.
If you could also help in setting up important apps/modules for accounting, inventory and stock management.

Regards

I suggest to you to install bundle axelor erp ( desktop ) and charge demo data . This samples are very interresting to undestand app and modules .

Thank you @bDurtaut I have successfully login mobile app also. You are right it starts with http and also I changed from localhost to ip address in tomcat server configuration. I am evaluating and is very excellent erp…I could not find balance sheet or profit and loss statement along with some custom reports and forms. I will keep you update all issues. Thank you again

1 « J'aime »

Hello Shafiq

Congrat on your accomplishement. I would appreciated if you would send me the steps that you have taken to install Version 5.3.3. Right now I am using Docker but I would like to install from the source.

Thanks

In window operating system I installed tomcat 8.5, downloaded axelor erp war package. Also I installed postgresql and created axelor database/users. Further I also downloaded “postgresql-9.2-1004.jdbc4.jar” and copied in tomcat lib directory.
I used 7 zip to extract files/folder from war package. In "axelor-erp-latest\Axelor\WEB-INF\classes\application.properties I changed database name and users. Than I stopped tomcat and in configuration JAVA tab set context path like this “-Daxelor.config=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\webapps\axelor-erp-v5.3.3\WEB-INF\classes\application.properties”.
Than I increase maximum file size "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\webapps\manager\WEB-INF\web.xml to 452428800. At this stage I copied extracted folder “axelor-erp-v5.3.3” in “C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\webapps”, than I restarted tomcat service. I keep eyes on postgressql via pgadmin and table were being created that was the indication that connection has been successfully. I refreshed postgres and see table under axelor db there were approx 739 tables. Now I open browser and typed “localhost:8080” manager was started. I opened manage app and axelor erp 5.3.3. I clicked in the folder and went straight to login page. For mobile app I just give ip address of my pc. that is it. If you need further assistance. You may ask any query
Regards

Thanks a lot for the listed steps. I guess this should be the same if I install it in a VPS Centos or Ubuntu ? Rights?

To put the list in a systematic way, these are the steps you have taken. Please revise and rectify if necessary.

1. Install tomcat 8.5.

2. Downloaded axelor erp war package.

3. Install postgresql.

4. Create axelor database/users.

5. Download “postgresql-9.2-1004.jdbc4.jar” and copy it in tomcat lib directory.

6. Use 7Zip to extract files/folder from war package.

7. In "axelor-erp-latest\Axelor\WEB-INF\classes\application.properties I changed database name and users.

8. Stop tomcat and in configuration JAVA tab set context path to “-Daxelor.config=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\webapps\axelor-erp-v5.3.3\WEB-INF\classes\application.properties”.

9. Increase maximum file size "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\webapps\manager\WEB-INF\web.xml to 452428800.

10. Copy extracted folder “axelor-erp-v5.3.3” in “C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\webapps”.

11. Restart tomcat service.

12. Open browser and type “localhost:8080”.

NB: Keep eyes on postgressql via pgadmin and table were being created that was the indication that connection has been successfully. I refreshed postgres and see table under axelor db there were approx 739 tables.

Yest :grinning: you correctly summarized.

1. -Daxelor.config flag is not required is application.properties is inside the app (require if outside of WEB-INF/classes)
  2. url would be http://127.0.0.1:8080/axelor-erp-v5.3.3/ not only http://127.0.0.1:8080/
  3. maybe using tomcat 9.0.26 (.34 does not work) is better than 8.X

Dear Kumar Pathel, I have faced no issues in installation following earlier mentioned steps in Window Operating system? Did you try to install in Window? I could not comments as so for I have not installed axelor 5.3.3 in Ubuntu/Linux…
However, I am also struct in installation of ERPNEXT in ubunbu since last couple of weeks…:grinning:

Hi,

There is no really trace to understand why compilation failed. I don’t really know if modules have been compiled and the failure is just about the war generation.
Could you try “./gradlew -x test war" ?

Hello Shafiq

I have no problem with Windows. The problem is installing it in Ubuntu/Fedora/Debian/Centos from the source.
Can you please try from your side to install on Ubuntu or any other Linux
Thanks

1 « J'aime »

Finally I have got Ver 5.3.5 installed from the source on Ubuntu 18. Going back to the previous complications and errors, there were some stupid mistakes I have made. Also there are some minor missing steps in the documentation which I will be glad to update if I can.

1 « J'aime »

Hello,
Has anyone successfully installed v5.3 on a hosted server? I have installed and tested the windows client and now I would like to test deploying a live site.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you

Hi Kumar Pathel, Do you have a step-by-step instructions on how to install Axelor (from source) on Ubuntu you can share?

2 « J'aime »

Dear Kumar,

I too appreciate if you could share the steps for Ubuntu installation.(though my actual requirement is to install it on Cent OS)

Thank you in advance.

absolutely. me too. I need to step by step installation procedure.
thank you in advance.

1 « J'aime »

Axelor Ver 5.3.6 Installation in Ubuntu 18.0

Prerequisites

Install Git

Install Git

$ sudo apt-get install git

For Ubuntu, this PPA provides the latest stable upstream Git version

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:git-core/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install git

Install OpenJDK 8

Install OpenJDK 8

$ sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jdk

Install Tomcat 9.0.26

For security purposes, Tomcat should be run as an unprivileged user (i.e. not root).

First create a new tomcat group:

$ sudo groupadd tomcat

Now create a new tomcat user:

$ sudo useradd -s /bin/false -g tomcat -d /opt/tomcat tomcat

Now, download version of Tomcat 9.0.26 from the Tomcat Downloads page. Under the Binary Distributions section, copy the link to the .tar.gz package. e.g apache-tomcat-9.0.26.tar.gz

Follow these commands:

$ cd /tmp
$ curl -O https://archive.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.26/bin/apache-tomcat-9.0.26.tar.gz
$ sudo mkdir -p /opt/tomcat
$ sudo tar -xzf apache-tomcat-9.0.26.tar.gz -C /opt/tomcat --strip-components=1

Now fix permissions:

$ cd /opt/tomcat
$ sudo chgrp -R tomcat /opt/tomcat
$ sudo chmod -R g+r conf
$ sudo chmod g+x conf
$ sudo chown -R tomcat webapps/ work/ temp/ logs/

Install PostgreSQL

$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt install postgresql postgresql-contrib

You may also require to configure postgresql server to allow password authentication.

Example pg_hba.conf

$ sudo nano /etc/postgresql/10/main/pg_hba.conf

Replace peer to trust in # « local » is for Unix domain socket connections only. See below

# TYPE  DATABASE        USER            ADDRESS                 METHOD

# "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only
local   all             all                                     trust
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            md5
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all             all             ::1/128                 md5

Once PostgreSQL is configured, create a new database user with password:

$ sudo su postgres
$ createuser axelor --no-createdb --no-superuser
$ psql -c "alter user axelor with encrypted password 'axelor'";

A new PostgreSQL user axelor is created with the given password. The password used here is just for demonstration. Use your own strong password.

Create a database:

$ sudo su postgres
$ createdb -O axelor axelor
$ exit

A new database named axelor is created.

Build from source OR Download directory from here

Get the latest source code of the Axelor Open Suite using Git as follows:

$ mkdir -p /tmp/axelor-source
$ cd /tmp/axelor-source

$ git clone https://github.com/axelor/open-suite-webapp.git axelor-erp
$ sed -e 's|git@github.com:|https://github.com/|' -i axelor-erp/.gitmodules

$ cd axelor-erp
$ git checkout master
$ git submodule sync
$ git submodule init
$ git submodule update
$ git submodule foreach git checkout master
$ git submodule foreach git pull origin master

Now build the war package from the source:

$ ./gradlew -x test build

After build completion, you will find the war package under /tmp/axelor-source/axelor-erp/build/libs directory.

Deploy the App

Now as the war package is built, it’s time to run the app by deploying it on Tomcat.

Now copy the built WAR file « axelor-erp-5.3.6.war » from /tmp/axelor-source/axelor-erp/build/libs to this directory « /opt/tomcat/webapps/ROOT »

$ cd /opt/tomcat/webapps/ROOT
$ rm -r *
$ sudo cp /tmp/axelor-source/axelor-erp/build/libs/axelor-erp-5.3.6.war /opt/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/ROOT.war
$ sudo jar xvf ROOT.war

Now change the /opt/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/application.properties by editing the file as follow:

$ sudo nano /opt/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/application.properties

However, you have to provide database settings like this or if you have set it up with different database name or user name and password:

db.default.driver = org.postgresql.Driver
db.default.ddl = update
db.default.url = jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/axelor
db.default.user = axelor
db.default.password = axelor

Create Tomcat systemd Service File

We want to be able to run Tomcat as a service, so we will set up systemd service file.

Tomcat needs to know where Java is installed. This path is commonly referred to as “JAVA_HOME”. The easiest way to look up that location is by running this command:

$ sudo update-java-alternatives -l

It should display this

Output
java-1.8.0-openjdk-amd64       1081       /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-amd64

Your JAVA_HOME is the output from the last column. Given the example above, the correct JAVA_HOME for your server would be:

JAVA_HOME
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-amd64

With this piece of information, we can create the systemd service file. Open a file called tomcat.service in the /etc/systemd/system directory by typing:

$ sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/tomcat.service

Paste the following contents into your service file. Modify the value of JAVA_HOME if necessary to match the value you found on your system « /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-amd64 » DONE for you :slight_smile: . You may also want to modify the memory allocation settings that are specified in CATALINA_OPTS :

/etc/systemd/system/tomcat.service

[Unit]
Description=Apache Tomcat Web Application Container
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=forking

Environment=JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-amd64
Environment=CATALINA_PID=/opt/tomcat/temp/tomcat.pid
Environment=CATALINA_HOME=/opt/tomcat
Environment=CATALINA_BASE=/opt/tomcat
Environment='CATALINA_OPTS=-Xms512M -Xmx1024M -server -XX:+UseParallelGC'
Environment='JAVA_OPTS=-Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/./urandom'

ExecStart=/opt/tomcat/bin/startup.sh
ExecStop=/opt/tomcat/bin/shutdown.sh

User=root
Group=tomcat
UMask=0007
RestartSec=10
Restart=always

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

When you are finished, save and close the file.
Next, reload the systemd daemon so that it knows about our service file:

$ sudo systemctl daemon-reload

Start the Tomcat service by typing:

sudo systemctl start tomcat

Double check that it started without errors by typing:

sudo systemctl status tomcat

After a short time you can access the application at: http://IP-ADDRESS:8080

While waiting for the application to come up you can check the log file « catalina.out » located in /opt/tomcat/logs.

$ sudo nano /opt/tomcat/logs/catalina.out

If you want to run the application with port 80 "without 8080. Note: make sure no other http services is running.

Edit the file /opt/tomcat/conf/server.xml as follow:

$ sudo nano /opt/tomcat/conf/server.xml 

and replace this par of the file the port from 8080 to 80

<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               redirectPort="8443" />

That’s all folk good luck and hope it will work for you. If not give me a buzz :slight_smile:

7 « J'aime »

this is really great, i wish if i could give more hears :slight_smile: